The investigation of metabolism to derive new insights, targets for disease treatment and biomarkers for patient stratification and treatment efficacy is particularly valuable in urological/renal investigations since the kidney being a major metabolic organ.
- Kalish, B T, et al., A Metabolomic Analysis of Two Intravenous Lipid Emulsions in a Murine Model. PLoS ONE, 2013. 8(4): e59653.
- Smilowitz, J T, et al., Nutritional Lipidomics: Molecular Metabolism, Analystics, and Diagnostics. Molecular Nutrition & Food Research, 2013.
- Wei, Q, et al. Changes in Metabolic Profiles During Acute Kidney Injury and Recovery Following Ischemia/Reperfusion. PLoS ONE, 2014. 9 (9):e106647.
- Xiao, Q, et al. Sources of variability in metabolite measurements from urinary samples. PLoS ONE, 2014. 9(5):e95749.
- Boudonck, K J, et al., Metabolomics for Early Detection of Drug-Induced Kidney Injury: Review of the Current Status. Bioanalysis, 2009. 1(9): 1645-63.
- Wang, G, and Korfmacher, W A, Development of a Biomarker Assay for 3-Indoxyl Sulfate in Mouse Plasma and Brain by Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom, 2009. 23(13): 2061-9.
- Baker, A C, et al., Pretransplant Free Fatty Acids (Ffa) and Allograft Survival in Renal Transplantation. J Surg Res, 2010. 164(2): 182-7.